CSU’s Affordable Learning Solutions enables faculty to choose and provide more affordable, quality educational content for their students.
By reducing CSU student course material expenses, more students acquire the course materials they need to succeed and benefit from their CSU learning experience.
Now, CSU faculty and students have greater access to quality free and low-cost learning materials through a variety of ALS programs and partnerships.
AFFORDABLE LEARNING SOLUTIONS PRINCIPLES:
CHOICE: Enables the discovery of course content, including commercial publisher content, library resources, and a wide array of open educational resources (OER).
AFFORDABILITY: Technology and partnerships that reduce the cost of learning materials for students and the CSU.
ACCESSIBILITY: Every student is entitled to a high quality education with access to all learning materials.
The Affordable Learning Solutions Website:
- Enables faculty to find quality free or low-cost course content that can substitute for more costly textbooks.
- Showcases the use of campus library resources for course materials.
- Organizes tools for faculty to customize and author course content.
- Provides easy access to information about usability and accessibility of e-readers.
- Helps faculty be recognized for quality teaching and efforts to reduce students' costs.
- Enables faculty to share best practices for using low-cost digital and print content in CSU courses.
- Supports campus Affordable Learning Solutions strategies and initiatives.
AL$ Vendor Partner Programs
New CSU Rent Digital, AL$ Course Materials, and Custom Publishing programs. All current rent digital partners maintain their partnerships with the CSU in the New Rent Digital program. The goals of the new Rent Digital, AL$ Course Materials, and Custom Publishing programs include providing greater opportunity for vendors to participate in one or more programs. In expanding the Rent Digital program opportunities AL$ will increase the number of Rent Digital partners and titles available to CSU faculty and students. With the introduction of the AL$ Course Materials and Custom Publishing programs AL$ will provide new opportunities for partners to provide course material options at lower or no cost such as adaptive learning materials-self authoring tools and other innovative options for CSU faculty and students. Vendors interested in partnering with CSU Affordable Learning Solutions in providing CSU faculty and students with lower or no cost course material options Click Here.